Wednesday, March 11, 2020

A Woman Called To The Sea

Image result for time machine


Upon awaking, the first thing I noticed was the taste of sea salt in the thick humid air surrounding me. The rocking and swaying of our vessel almost felt soothing amidst the chaos that was occurring on the floor above me. I realize at this moment that Professor Harris' time machine worked!

I couldn't believe that I was floating on the high seas in 1545 during the Golden Age of Piracy. I looked at my surroundings and noticed that I was in a small bedroom below the ship deck. But before I could contemplate my next move, I heard loud footsteps approaching me.

I couldn't believe my eyes, I was speechless. It was unmistakably Anne Bonny who was approaching me. She looked very angry at my presence and demanded that I explain where I came from. I lied to her claiming that I was hitching a ride to the Isthmus of Panama.

I prayed that she was believing the elaborate story of lies that Professor Harris debriefed me on before my journey. Otherwise I knew that she would throw me overboard with no hesitation. But as my story went on, I could see her expression beginning to shift and sympathize with me. "Hmm.. A fellow young female pirate. You remind me much of my younger self." She said.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Black Beard. The Man, the Myth, the Legend.

Pirate Black Beard is known by many, but not everyone knows of his true name Edward Thatch. Well known for his smoking beard and ways of sa...